Fossa Guard V0.2.1 is available now to bring users new certificate management abilities:
- Certificate Re-enrollment as simple as possible utilizing existing key pair and passphrase meaning once your current free certificate (limited by 3 months) expires you will be able easily to renew it to continue S/MIME mailing at the same time keeping a possibility to read your old emails.
- Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL) support implemented to allow you explicitly revoke any your certificate issued by Fossa.me server. The revoked certificate will no longer pass certificate validation. CRL is updated every hour at Fossa.me server so that your recipients can be aware within 1 hour since you revoke your certificate on the server.
There are also several improvements and bug fixes:
- Signed message now includes Fossa Root F1, Fossa Authority F2 certificates as well helping 3d party clients to easily build full Fossa certificate chain.
- Certificate import mechanism has been improved so that extension detects CA certificates and proposes corresponding storage providing certificate preview with SHA-1 / SHA-256 fingerprints.
- Missing MIME types support: application/x-pkcs7-mime, application/x-pkcs7-signature
- Email address longer than 32 symbols has been cut inside EST component on Fossa.me server. Now it's fixed. Thanks a lot to Kim and Michael who reported us the problem.
- Bug when extension freezes on certificate chain validation with self-signed certificate - thanks to Armin.
Thanks to our 145 users! Your feedback is highly appreciated.
Everybody welcome to try our new version and discover how easy secure S/MIME mailing can be.
Fossa S/MIME certificates stay free for personal usage and are renewable now.